Scroll down for selected seat details
You are allowed to purchase a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 10 tickets per transaction.
We are currently experiencing technical difficulties with our ticketing provider. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience. You can purchase tickets on the door of the exhibition at any time when the exhibition is open. If you would like to organise or purchase tickets in advance of coming to the exhibition, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will be in touch as soon as possible. Please ensure your email contains a telephone number.
Discover the stories behind key moments in Shakespeare's life, from the birth of the Globe theatre in London to his last days in Stratford-upon-Avon, 400 years ago.
By me William Shakespeare offers a once-in-a-generation opportunity to explore Shakespeare's will, alongside other unique documents that witness his life. This is the first time the will has been on public display in 40 years. Through original research, scientific analysis and a new digital installation, the exhibition looks at why these documents were created and what they tell us about the world's most famous playwright.
Learn about Shakespeare's life in London and the man behind the writing: royal servant, author, friend and father.
This exhibition is presented by The National Archives and King's College London as part of Shakespeare400. Digital installation by 59 Productions.
Shakespeare400 is a consortium of leading cultural, creative and educational organisations, coordinated by King's College London, which will mark the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare's death in 2016.
King's College London, Strand, London WC2R 2LS
Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale
1. King's College London, The Strand, WC2R 2LS (the College) shall supply the goods or services listed by King's College London on this website (the Site) on the following Terms and Conditions.
Please read these terms and conditions. They govern your use of Yapsody for 'By me William Shakespeare' tickets. The main body of these terms and conditions relate to your use of and purchases from Yapsody for 'By me William Shakespeare' tickets. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions you should not use the website or place an order.
2. When you complete and make payment for an order you acknowledge that you have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions Electronic means, such as email, notices, information and other communications comply with any legal requirements that such communications should be in writing. This does not affect your statutory rights.
3. These terms and conditions shall apply unless there are any specific terms and conditions attaching to particular goods or services supplied, in which case those specific terms and conditions shall apply in addition to these terms and conditions. In the event of any conflict between these terms and condition and any specific terms and conditions, the specific conditions shall prevail.
4. No terms or conditions endorsed upon, delivered with or contained in the Buyer's purchase order, confirmation of order, specification or other document will form part of the contract, including the buyers own terms and conditions or those implied by trade, custom or practice.
5. If the College accepts your order, the College will send you an Acknowledgement of Order by email to the address you have specified to us at the time the order is placed.
6. The Acknowledgement of Order and these Conditions together constitute the entire agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter of the contract. Any variation will be in writing and signed by authorised signatories for both parties. Nothing in this Condition will operate to limit or exclude liability for fraud.
7. King's College London is under a legal duty to supply goods that are in conformity with the contract.
8. All warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law (save for the conditions implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979) are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from the contract.
9. The Buyer may not assign or otherwise transfer the contract in whole or part without the College's consent. The Parties do not intend that by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 any of the terms of the contract should be enforceable by a person who is not a party to it.
Description of Goods and Services
10. All drawings, designs, photographs, descriptions, specifications and other details published on the Site are for the sole purpose of giving an approximate idea of the goods or services so described and no information contained in them or in any other document whatever shall form part of the contractual description of the goods or services nor shall they form any part of the any contract and the College shall not be liable for any inaccuracies or omission in them.
11. The College reserves the right to make, without notice, such reasonable modifications in specifications as it deems necessary or desirable.
12. Payment of the Price is due by credit or debit card on the placing of an order. No order will be accepted until payment has been received by the College.
13. Payment shall be in pounds sterling.
14. The College will not be liable for any payment failing to reach the correct account as a consequence of incorrect information being provided, or if the payment is declined by the card supplier. The College shall have no obligation to inform the buyer if their card has been declined.
15. If the Buyer fails to pay the College any sum due, the College shall reserve the right to suspend any other deliveries due from the College to the Buyer and/or to refuse to accept any further orders from the Buyer.
16. The Price will be as displayed on the website. The College is registered for VAT (no. GB 627 4035 51) and where applicable VAT will be included in the price.
17. The Price is subject to the addition of all costs in relation to postage, carriage and insurance. Where applicable these will be included in the details of the goods on the Site.
18. Despite the College's best efforts some of the goods or services offered may be incorrectly priced. The College is under no obligation to provide you the goods or services at the incorrect price, even after Confirmation for your order, if the pricing error is unmistakable and can reasonably be recognised as mispricing.
19. Ticket purchases are non-refundable and non-exchangeable. Please check your order carefully before completing a transaction. If the exhibition is unable to open at the date and time of your booking, you will be offered a refund of the face value of the ticket, or your tickets can be rebooked for an alternative date of your choice (subject to availability).
20. The College's total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation or otherwise arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of the contract will be limited to the Price of the goods or services; and (ii) the College will not be liable to the Buyer for loss of profit, loss of business or loss of goodwill nor for any indirect or consequential liability, loss or damage which arises out of or in connection with the contract.
21. The College reserves the right to defer the date of delivery or to cancel the contract in the case of including but not limited to, any strike, lockout, disorder, fire, explosion, accident or stoppage of or affecting the College's business or work which is beyond its reasonable control and which prevents the delivery of the Goods.
22. The booking of tickets for the exhibition is managed by King's College London, using the Yapsody platform. https://www.yapsody.com/ticketing/privacy-policy. When booking your ticket, the option 'Presenter may notify me of special offers and events', when ticked, gives consent to share your information (excluding payment details) with King's College London and with The National Archives.
Links to other sites
23. Links on the Site may lead to services or external websites not operated by the College. No judgement or warranty is made with respect to such other services or sites and the College takes no responsibility for such other sites or services. A link to another site or service is not an endorsement of that site or service. Any use you make of the information provided on the Site, or any site or service linked to by the Site, is at your own risk.
24. The contract will be governed by English Law. The parties irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of English Courts.
25. The College has a right to revise and amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time without notice.